Matthew 14: 29-33: 29 And Jesus said, “Come.”
Then Peter got out of the boat and was walking on the water toward Jesus. 30 But when Peter saw the strong wind, he became frightened. As he began to sink, he shouted, “Lord, rescue me!” 31 Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him, saying, “You of little faith! Why did you begin to have doubts?” 32 When they got into the boat, the wind settled down. 33 Then those in the boat worshiped Jesus and said, “You must be God’s Son!”
1. We serve a Great God; so great that when we COME to HIM in faith He gives us grace (supernatural ability) to do what we otherwise would not be able to do in our own strength. It’s a good thing to keep a record of what HE has done so that you are reminded that HE can do it again.
2. Just like Peter, sometimes we can start off strong and then become distracted by uncontrollable circumstances. The moment we take our eyes off of what keeps us grounded we become overwhelmed. For many of us that’s Him; the moment we stop turning to Him or the moment we stop trusting Him we become swallowed up by the things we can’t control.
3. We’ve all experienced the rescuing hand of GOD and if we need rescuing today, HE is faithful and constant. Sometimes the things we need rescuing from are not outside of us, they’re our thoughts, emotions, and fear…He rescues from those things as, well.
4. The more we walk with Him the more we learn Him, and the more we limit space for doubt to come in and sink us.
Do yourself a favor:
· Turn off the news, nothing’s changed.
· Logout of your social media accounts.
· Find a quiet place and do what quiets you inwardly.
· Meditate on words of hope, love, joy, and peace.
· Find something to be thankful for.
Know that you are not alone; we are all in this storm together trying to keep fear out, keep our hearts from fainting, and keep our eyes on Jesus; the One the winds obey, the Author and Finisher of our faith. Shalom. (Peace)